Sunday, August 07, 2005

hullo duck.

yesterday after karin's i went for a long walk down orchard at midnight. its refreshing being alone and walking down the road where everyone who is not alone walks.

anyways, it got me thinking about the type of friend i wanted.

1. must live very near me. so that i can call him/her out anytime i want and not feel bad that this person has to take the cab home and pay the mid night surcharge and stuff.

2. must have time for me and must not be clingy.

3. must have a good sense of humour and must be very intelligent.

4. must not have a huge emotional baggage problem. must not feel like the whole world is against them. must have some problems but not make them a reason for their existence.

5. not particular about gender. if female, must be bitchy but not to me. but not be ultra-sensitive. but not be fake. if i'm fat just tell me kind or person. if male, must not be attached to some irritating insecure girl who thinks i'm out to steal her stupid boyfriend. yea, like i got nothing better to do right.

6. must not be attarcted to me. and must not be the type that i might potentially get attracted to.

7. must not be overseas when i am in singapore.

well that;s it so far. its just that i realised that dinner wit the carol,jing,amelia,karin lot was so enjoyable because the conversations were not about their sad problems. its just that i need a break from pple who complain and rant. and these pple who complain and rant have got no idea how MANY times they've complained and ranted about the same things to me. do i really want to know for the upteenth time that u and your girlfriend are having problems? no. because for as long as i have known u, you've ALWAYS had problems wit her. so just for a change, go tell someone else tt. not me.

sigh. look i don't want to sound like a bitch ok. i know i am sounding like one but i don;t want to. i recognise that these pple who tell me their problems obviously think i am worthy of being told to. and that i ought to appreciate the fact that they prob think i am a good problem-listener or whatever.

but, ok, u tell me your problem once.
i listen. because i assume u don't want solutions.
u tell me your problem a second time. i listen. i offer some sort of a solution. i try to make u feel better. i make a few jokes. u accuse me of not being sensitive.
i apologise.
u tell me your problem a thrid time.
i listen again. this time u accuse me of not listening.
really, wtf do u want me to do?

posted R @ 7:49 pm

IwannaAyellowlittleduckie

as i please. so dont take it personally, pple

Links

Tag

Archives

April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007

Credits

Powered by Blogger.